The Louisiana Veterans Festival (LVF) is looking for a new logo that will better identify the festival. In order to engage our veterans and community, LVF announces a competition to design a new logo. The new logo may be used on the LVF website, social media sites, business cards, letterhead, posters, souvenir trinkets, and gifts, or anywhere else LVF chooses. This document describes the official requirements and rules of the competition.
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility. LVF has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
1. The contest is open to anyone.
2. The contest is not open to members of LVF.
3. Contestants are permitted to work in groups; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded regardless
of group size.
1. The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. Feb 1, 2023, Central Standard Time (CST) and closes 11:59
p.m. April 1, 2023. Late submissions will not be considered. LVF members will vote and a
winner will be selected and notified in mid-April, 2023.
2. All entries must be submitted electronically to the LVF at LAVETFEST@gmail.com. Submissions
must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, name, email address, postal
address, and telephone number.
3. One or more submissions per person is acceptable. Each submission must be sent in a separate email.
4. There is no fee to enter the contest.
The purpose of this contest is to design a logo to be used by the LVF.
The logo’s design should reflect the values of LVF. This includes promoting Veterans, Music, and Louisiana. LVF acts as the representative of East ST. Tammany Habitat for Humanity.
The logo should incorporate the LVF name (abbreviated or spelled out) The logo must be appropriate for a professional festival setting.
Entries must be submitted as a Jpeg file. For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). The color must be CMYK, though the logo may also be produced in black and white. Contestants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones. The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
1. Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or
from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any
other person or entity.
2. Submissions become the sole property of LVF and may be used for any LVF purposes,
including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other
3. LVF shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in
its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
4. LVF reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest
5. LVF reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
6. If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the
prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
1. The winning entry will be selected by a panel comprised of members of LVF. Their decision will be
final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality
of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
3. The prize for the winning entry is $350.00. This prize remains the same regardless of the size of the
LVF submitting the winning entry.
4. The winner will be notified via email and announced on the LVF Website and Facebook page
1. LVF is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable
entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
2. LVF reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and award the prize by alternate means if
fraud or technical failure is determined at any time by LVF, including after the submission window
3. LVF is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the
contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information